South Dakota State Finalizes 2018 Football Schedule
After setting all kinds of records during the 2017 football season, South Dakota State was looking forward to building on that success in 2018. There was only one thing that stood in their way - one gaping hole in their non-conference schedule.
That elusive 11th opponent has now been located and the Jackrabbits now have their full slate of games for the upcoming season.
Arkansas-Pine Bluff, out of the Southwestern Athletic Conference, will visit Brookings, September 15. The Golden Lions went 2-9 in 2017.
The Jackrabbits open the season at Iowa State in what will be SDSU's tenth match-up with a FBS school since 2004. This will be the fourth meeting with the Cyclones; the first since 2008.
Missouri Valley Conference play kicks off after a bye week with a September 29 game at North Dakota State.
The Jackrabbits finish the regular season with two of their final three games at home, including the November 17 season finale against South Dakota in the annual South Dakota Showdown Series game.
Game times and other game promotions will be announced at a later date.
2018 SDSU FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
- September 1 - at Iowa State
- September 8 - MONTANA STATE
- September 15 - ARKANSAS-PINE BLUFF
- September 22 - (BYE WEEK)
- September 29 - *at North Dakota State
- October 6 - *INDIANA STATE
- October 13 - *YOUNGSTOWN STATE
- October 20 - *at Northern Iowa
- October 27 - *at Illinois State
- November 3 - *MISSOURI STATE
- November 10 - *at Southern Illinois
- November 17 - *SOUTH DAKOTA
* Missouri Valley Football Conference
South Dakota State finished the 2017 season with a school-record 11 wins. The Jackrabbits qualified for the FCS playoffs for the sixth year in a row and reached the national semifinals for the first time, losing to James Madison.