No Serious Injuries in Hog Barn Fire in Parkston
PARKSTON - Investigators believe electrical problems in a light fixture sparked a barn fire at a hog production facility in southeastern South Dakota.
The blaze broke out about 9 a.m. Sunday at Hillcrest Pork about four miles north of Parkston. Firefighters put out the flames in about 45 minutes.
Fire Chief Jon Bueber tells The Daily Republic newspaper that three or four hogs were burned, but the injuries were not life-threatening. No people were hurt.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.