No Ice, Ice, Baby. Sioux Falls Closes the Outdoor Rinks for the Season
The outdoor skating season in Sioux Falls is officially over for another year.
Thanks in part to the winter that never was and all the inconsistent temperatures we've experienced throughout the winter months here in the Sioux Empire.
All these fluctuating temps have not allowed the city to make the consistent ice necessary for skating.
As of Tuesday, February 11 2015, all six outdoor skating rinks, the two hockey rinks, and warming houses are closed for the season here in Sioux Falls.
The skating facilities affected by the closure include:
- Campus Park at 26th Street and Summit Avenue
- Frank Olson Park at 16th Street and Grandview Avenue
- Memorial Park (both skating and hockey) at 26th Street and Sertoma Avenue
- McKennan Park at 21st Street and Third Avenue
- Sherman Park (both skating and hockey) at 15th Street and Kiwanis Avenue
- And Tuthill Park at South Cliff Avenue, southeast of I-229
Source: The City of Sioux Falls