Locations Set For New Sioux Falls Parks
Mayor Mike Huether’s vision of 7 new city parks is coming together. The Sioux Falls Parks and Recreation Department is constructing three new parks in Sioux Falls this summer and seven new parks are planned in the five-year plan.
The goal of the city is to have a park within a half-mile of every residence, according to a City of Sioux Falls press release.
The three neighborhood park locations currently underway are:
• Galway Park—near West 64th Street and South Galway Avenue
• Prairie Meadows Park—near West LaQuinta Street and South Venita Avenue
• Fred Dawley Park—near East 26th Street and State Highway 11
The seven future neighborhood park locations and year of development are as follows:
• Southern Vistas Park—2015 (near West 53rd Street and South Technopolis Drive)
• Southeast Sioux Falls Park/School Site—2015 (near East 68th Street and South Bahnson Avenue)
• Prairie Hills Park—2015 (near West 77th Street and South Meredith Avenue)
• Northwest Sioux Falls Park/School Site—2016 (near West Maple Street and North Marion Road)
• Judee Estates Park—2018 (near East 69th Street and South Cliff Avenue)
• Southeast Sioux Falls Park/School Site—2018 (near East 41st Street and South Sparta Avenue)
• Willowridge Park—2018 (adjacent to the Fred Assam Elementary School in northeast Sioux Falls)
View New city park locations for Sioux Falls in a larger map