Helpline Center Hosting Volunteer Management Training This Spring
Not long ago a friend of mine who works in the non-profit world described working with volunteers as, "trying to herd cats." Well, if part of your job involves working with volunteers, here's a training session you should convince your boss to send you to.
The Helpline Center is hosting three stand-alone Volunteer Management Training sessions during the months of February, March and April.
The first session will be held in Brookings on February 7 and 8. The second will be in Rapid City March 14 and 15 with the third program in Sioux Falls April 12 and 13.
Topics that will be discussed include:
- Understanding Volunteering
- Planning for Volunteer Engagement
- Recruiting & Placing Volunteers
- Orienting & Training Volunteers
- Supervising Volunteers
- Evaluating Your Volunteer Program
The registration fee for each session is $30 and that covers all the materials, handouts and lunches. For more information call 2-1-1.
You can also register by clicking on the corresponding links below.
- Brookings: February 7 & 8, To register visit: 2018bkvmt.eventbrite.com
- Rapid City: March 14 & 15, To register visit: 2018bhvmt.eventbrite.com
- Sioux Falls: April 12 & 13, To register visit: 2018vmts.eventbrite.com
Source: Helpline Center