2019 Sioux Falls Road Construction Recap
Road construction in 2019 was busy and productive for The City of Sioux Falls.
The biggest ongoing project is the 26th and I-229 'Raise the Road' job.
The 2020 plans for that project include completing the south side of the Big Sioux River and BNSF Railway Bridge and move traffic to the south side of 26th Street, then reconstruct the north lanes of 26th Street.
The City also updated rural roads to urban streets on 69th Street and Ellis Road and completed a multi-year project to Main Avenue in downtown.
The City managed more than 700 blocks of street preservation, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
- 452 blocks of surface treatment
- 223 blocks of asphalt overlay
- 9 blocks of concrete joint repairs
- 33 blocks of neighborhood street construction
- 24 blocks of arterial street expansion
The detailed report is here.
Source: City of Sioux Falls