What to Know About Sioux Falls 4th of July Family Parade and Picnic
Celebrate our nation’s Independence Day with Sioux Falls Mayor Mike Huether on Monday, July 4, 2016, at the 4th of July Family Parade and Picnic at Falls Park. There will be a free lunch for the first 5,000 attendees, live music and entertainment, a 5K fun run/walk and a parade down Phillips Avenue.
Here's the schedule of celebration:
• 7:30 AM: Walk-up registration for fun run/walk by Falls Overlook Café.
• 8:00 AM: 5K fun run/walk will begin at Falls Park. Register online by 5 p.m. Monday, June 20, and receive a free T-shirt.
• 10:00 AM: Parade will begin at 13th Street and will travel down Phillips Avenue to Falls Park. To join in the parade, register your entry at siouxfalls.org/parade. Online registration closes Monday, June 27.
• 11:00 AM: A free lunch will be served for the first 5,000 people in attendance (bring a small lawn chair or blanket, sunblock, and sunglasses!).
• 11:00 AM: The Sioux Falls Municipal Band will perform
• 11:30 AM: A short program will include the presentation of the flags, the singing of the national anthem, and a welcome address by Mayor Mike.
• 12:00 PM: Mogen’s Heroes will perform.
• 1:00 PM: Shakespeare Sampler Performance will be held in the Queen Bee Mill.
By the way, the Fourth of July activities are free. Generous sponsorships as well as volunteers from the community allow the event to remain free to the public. But, the City asks that no pets come; Fourth of July Parade and Picnic is a hot and crowded place; and is not a place for pets.
There is no parking along the parade route during the road closures. The city suggest that you park your car at one of the downtown parking ramps and view the parade from a downtown location. Overflow parking is also available at the intersection of East Falls Park Drive and North First Avenue.
ADA Parking is available at the Park Office at 6th & Phillips and at Falls Park. There will be a limited number of people movers on a designated route along Phillips Avenue to the Park Office parking lot at 6th & Phillips for those needing assistance. People movers will run from 9:30 a.m. until 2 p.m.
For more information about all of the day’s festivities, go to siouxfalls.org/july4 or call 605-367-8222.