South Dakotans Being Alerted of Inmate Release
An inmate from South Dakota will be released after servicing his complete sentence on Wednesday January 20, 2016 and authorities are alerting law enforcement and the public. Here's what you need to know:
- Name: Michael Ontiveros
- Age 47
- Served complete sentences for third-degree burglary in Walworth and Hughes County.
- Previous convictions for attempted sexual assault, kidnapping, escape and grand theft in Arizona
- Ontiveros is a registered sex offender.
- No parole as complete sentence has been served
- Now plans to live in Sioux Falls after originally stating he would move to the Eagle Butte area.
- Other law enforcement have been notified.
Based on his criminal history, poor conduct while incarcerated, and assessments that indicate a high risk for committing future acts of violence, I am alerting law enforcement and the public of this offender’s pending release from prison.
-Corrections Secretary Denny Kaemingk