Family Escapes Fire That Destroys Fort Pierre Home
FORT PIERRE, S.D. (AP) — A family was able to safely escape a fire that destroyed their home in Fort Pierre.
The fire broke out Saturday night at a house on Main Street.
Fort Pierre Fire Chief Cody Lengkeek tells KCCR-AM the fire started in a gas grill on the porch.
The family was at home when the fire started, and they all made it out of the house with no injuries.
The American Red Cross is helping the family find a place to stay.
Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.