World Egg Day
With the second Friday in October being “World Egg Day,” Dr. Beryl West of the University of Alabama claims how you like your eggs prepared reveals a lot about your personality.
- Sunny Side Up – You are an optimist and easy going.
- Hard Boiled – You’re a no nonsense type. You’re quick to form opinions.
- Soft Boiled – You’re gentle, sensitive and neat; but you’re not easy to please.
- Scrambled – You’re agreeable and very steady. You go with the flow.
- Over Easy – You’re very precise. You know exactly what you want out of life.
- Poached – You’re very orderly and you don’t like to see anything out of its place.
- Omelets – You enjoy taking risks.
On a somewhat related note, which do you think came first – the chicken or the egg? Experts say the chicken.
Scientists at England’s Sheffield University discovered a protein in egg shells that is only found in the overies of chickens. The protein called Oveclededin-17 helps speed up the development of the shell, which is necessary to protect the yolk and fluids as the chicken develops inside.
According to Dr. Bruce Willoughby, a Biologist at Sheffield, “It’s suddenly clear that in order for an egg to even exist, it had to be inside of a chicken at some point.”
Now you know.