Celebrating over 54 years, locally owned Nyberg’s Ace has been the helpful neighborhood place for home improvement, service, selection, and convenience in Sioux Falls located in the four corners of the city: 41st & Minnesota, 12th & Kiwanis, 10th & Sycamore, and 41st & Sertoma. Nyberg’s Ace still sticks to their core values of offering legendary customer service and convenience at competitive pricing.
Nyberg’s Ace offers a variety of products including Color Your Life “Design Center” with a complete paint department open 7 days a week featuring 3 national paint brands: Valspar, Ace Paint featuring Clark + Kensington Paint & Primer and Ben Moore. They have an extensive selection of indoor and outdoor paints, primers, stains and finishes and our helpful and trained staff will make sure you have the proper tools — brushes, rollers, tape,…so your painting project will be as easy as can be.
Nyberg’s Ace has also has great selection of tools and tool accessories specializing in craftsman tools.Plumbing, electrical – Nyberg’s Ace is the light bulb place with the largest selection of light bulbs in the area! Hardware where you can buy just one bolt at a time or in bulk. Hundreds of gourmet kitchen gadgets along with ethnic cookware and name brand appliances in our Housewares Department. Pet supplies & dog food, bird seed & feeders you’ll find in our Outdoor Living department along with being the Weber Grill Headquarters! And Nyberg’s Ace is your lawn and garden destination place. They’ll supply you with everything you need to get your garden growing and keep your lawn looking in tip-top shape with quality Scotts Lawn Care products.
And Nyberg’s Ace offers many services including propane fill 7 days a week, window & screen repair, car & home key cutting including chip keys, knife and mower blade sharpening, many items to rent, the “Battery Place” where we can help locate that hard to find battery, hunting & fishing licenses including park stickers, special ordering and many more items you can’t find anywhere else!
• Motto: “Don’t chase, come to Nyberg’s Ace for all your home improvement needs!”
• Led by: Kevin Nyberg
• Founded: 1958
• Why They’re Unique: There has been many “firsts” brought to the Sioux Falls area innovated by Nyberg’s Ace. The “first” to entertain with Crazy Days at the original Nyberg’s Ace store site Southway Shopping Center on Minnesota Avenue. The “first” to bring parade to downtown parade in the early 1960’s. Nyberg’s Ace was the “first” to introduce Weber barbeque grills to Sioux Falls in 1958. The “first” to introduce Scotts Lawn Care products through the “Home of the Lawn Doctors’ in the early 1960’s. Nyberg’s was the “first” new generation retail outlet to purchase land on 41st Street in Sioux Falls in 1967. The “first” to provide innovative seminars: Hunter’s Stag, Wilton cake decorating classes, canning seminars, “how-to” seminars. And Nyberg’s Ace was the “first” to bring Baby Boomer’s discount to Sioux Falls. Community values remain a top priority for the Nyberg’s as they are involved in many local charities and events including ‘Que for Kids Celebrity BarbeQUE Cook-Off that raises money for Cure Kids Cancer, along with supporting the Children’s Miracle Network in various fundraising events. Nyberg’s Ace also are proud supporters of The Children’s Home Society, SD Achieve, River of Hope Foundation, the Great Plains Zoo & Delbridge Museum, Pheasants Forever, National Wildlife Turkey Federation, SD Park & Wildlife, The Banquet, Habitat for Humanity, and many others.
• They Can Answer Questions Relating to:
1. When purchasing paint, I’ve been asked if I want flat, high gloss, satin and even an eggshell finish. What do these terms mean, and does it really make any difference what kind of finish I have?
2. I have vinyl siding that I thought was going to look like new forever. Now it has started to fade and has weather-damaged areas. Must I replace it or can I paint it and save some money?
3. I see prices ranging from less than $10 to $25 or more for a gallon of paint. Is there really any difference between one paint and another, or should I try to save some money?
4. Should I use a water-based latex paint or an oil-based paint?
Meet the Expert:
Have a question? Ask the Expert!
Visit them: 330 West 41st St. Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57105 (Map)
Call them: 605- 336-6474
Visit their website: http://www.nybergsace.com/
Want to know more from the expert?
Service, selection and quality are crucial when it comes to home improvement. In the video below, Kevin describes Nyberg’s Ace and the products they specialize in.
Subscribe to 1140 KSOO-AM on