Top 11 Finalists for Time Magazine’s Person of the Year
On Monday, December 5, Time magazine announced the top 11 finalists for their annual 'Person of the Year.'
Beginning in 1927, the individual or idea chosen for the annual title is recognized for having the greatest impact in the news over the previous year, whether that was for good or bad.
This year's group of finalists are quite diverse, with anyone from politicians, to gymnasts, to a world-famous pop star.
Here are the final candidates:
- Presidential-elect Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton
- Beyonce Knowles
- Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles
- Facebook Founder/CEO Mark Zuckerberg
- Russian President Vladimir Putin
- U.K. Independence Party head and Brexit booster Nigel Farage
- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- CRISPR scientists, who discovered technology that can edit DNA
- Whistleblowers for the Flint, Michigan water crisis
The 2016 Person of the Year will be announced the morning of Wednesday, December 7, 2016.