Today Is What?
Hard to believe we're only 11 months away from Christmas! - ha ha.
If you're in search of "conversation starters," today is:
- The birthday of Saran Wrap. The plastic film was actually the result of a laboratory accident. Dow wasn't sure what to do with the stuff until the military needed a protective wrapping for equipment being sent overseas. It wasn't until after WW2 that Dow realized Saran Wrap could keep both tanks and tuna fresh.
- The birthday of Bubble Wrap. At one time it was promoted as being a new type of wallpaper - never caught on though.
- Speak Up And Succeed Day. Remember good leaders tend to also be good listeners.
- Fun At Work Day. Here's a little something that should make you feel a little deprived at work. A new survey finds that 36% of women have flashed a male coworker on the job - enough said.
- A Room of One's Own Day. Many consider the bathroom to be that "special place." A new survey finds that 12% of us see the bathroom as a place to unwind. 10% say they do their best thinking in the bathroom. And 21% of those polled admit that bathroom time is the only private time they have all day.
And on a related note, Sunday is Thomas Crapper Day. He's the guy who invented the flush toilet - Celebrate however you wish!