Sioux Falls To Complete Clean-Up Efforts [AUDIO]
SIOUX FALLS - City officials announced the schedule for the final pass of neighborhood branch pickup.
For purposes of the final pass, Minnesota Avenue will serve as the boundary to divide the city into two sections. The final pass of branch pickup for neighborhoods west of Minnesota Avenue will begin on May 13. The final pass of branch pickup for neighborhoods east of Minnesota Avenue will begin on May 20.
Property owners living west of Minnesota Avenue must have their branches piled and placed between the sidewalk and the curb by May 13. Property owners who live east of Minnesota Avenue must have their branches piled and placed between the sidewalk and the curb by May 20.
“Our many responders have worked hard to restore this great city after the April 9 spring storm,” says Mark Cotter, Director of Public Works. “We have made great progress and know that after this final pass through the neighborhoods, much of our work will be accomplished.”
Mark Cotter, Director of Public Works
Removal of branches after the final pass will be the responsibility of the property owner. Branches can be taken to the free branch drop-off sites. After the final pass begins, private arborists performing tree work on private property must haul what they cut to one of the open branch drop-off locations.
With the launch of the final pass, residents are reminded to:
- Consolidate branch piles.
- Do not park in front of branch piles.
- Cut large branches into segments that are less than 8 feet long.
- Place branches between the sidewalk and the curb.
- Rake up twigs in the boulevard and street and dispose of them with household garbage or by taking them to a branch drop-off site.
- Sacks or bags of twigs and branches will not be picked up. Please take them to one of the free branch drop-off sites. Do not place them by your branch pile.
The City’s Comprehensive Branch Management Plan, coined Operation Timber Strike!, includes four parts: branch removal, branch disposal, arbor work, and volunteer promotion. For more information about Operation Timber Strike!, go to siouxfalls.org/operationtimberstrike or facebook.com/operationtimberstrike. You also can follow us on Twitter @timberstrike.