Prosecutor: Search Warrants Issued in Indy Blast
Prosecutor Terry Curry told The Indianapolis Star on Tuesday that warrants had been issued.
Curry spokeswoman Brienne Delaney told The Associated Press no arrests had been made.
The investigation into the Nov. 10 explosion is believed to focus on a house occupied by Monserrate Shirley and her boyfriend, Mark Leonard.
The couple and Shirley’s 12-year-old daughter were away at the time of the explosion, but the young couple next door died when their house was destroyed.
Attorney Randall Cable said Tuesday that Shirley and Leonard had been cooperating with investigators and were “bewildered” by Monday’s announcement that the investigation was considered a criminal homicide.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. Material may not be redistributed.