Minnesota Vikings Opening 2017 Season on Monday Night Football
Minnesota will be featured in a home primetime game to start the 2017 campaign.
NFL Nation Reporters Mike Triplett (New Orleans) and Ben Goessling (Minnesota) have confirmed that the Saints will travel to play the Vikings during Week 1. The game will be played as the first Monday Night Football game of the year with a 6:00 CT kickoff.
Sources tell @MikeTriplett and me the Vikings will open at home on Monday night against the Saints.
— Ben Goessling (@GoesslingESPN) April 20, 2017
Earlier today, it was reported that the Denver Broncos would host the Los Angeles Chargers on Monday Night Football as well. The Chargers/Broncos game will be in the late window on the standard Week 1 Monday Night Football doubleheader.
This will be just the third time since 2006 that the Vikings will open the season at home. They previously did so in 2007 (Atlanta), and 2012 (Jacksonville).
Highlights of the Vikings schedule for 2017 include four nationally televised game and a early window game in London. They are one of a few teams that will NOT play a Thursday Night Game this season.
Here is the entire 2017 Minnesota Vikings schedule:
- Week 1, September 11: vs. New Orleans (Monday Night Football)
- Week 2, September 17: @ Pittsburgh
- Week 3, September 24: vs. Tampa Bay
- Week 4, October 1: vs. Detroit
- Week 5, October 9: @ Chicago (Monday Night Football)
- Week 6, October 15: vs. Green Bay
- Week 7, October 22: vs. Baltimore
- Week 8, October 29: @ Cleveland (London 8:30 AM)
- Week 9: Bye Week
- Week 10, November 12: @ Washington
- Week 11, November 19: vs. Los Angeles Rams
- Week 12, November 23: @ Detroit (Thanksgiving)
- Week 13, December 3: @ Atlanta
- Week 14, December 10: @ Carolina
- Week 15, December 17: vs. Cincinnati
- Week 16, December 23: @ Green Bay (Sunday Night Football)
- Week 17, December 31: vs. Chicago
Subscribe to KSOO-AM on