Interesting November Weather Tidbits & Sayings
Scientific weather tidbits for the month of November:
- November is the cloudiest month of the year. During a routine November, the sun is out roughly only 40% of the daylight hours. There have been some years when the area has only seen the sun 15% of the time.
- The chance our area will get a foot of snow or more from any given storm during the month of November is a mere .06%.
Old Farmer sayings for the month of November:
- The way November goes is the way the winter will go.
- If the leaves refuse to leave their boughs, the coming winter will be fowl.
- Thunder in November is a sign that the lakes will remain open until at least the middle of December.
- Thunder in November indicates a fertile year to come.