How Do You Know if Someone is Flirting With You?
It’s one of those eternal questions: how do you know if someone is flirting with you, or just being nice?
That exact situation happened to Danny Vigil of Wise Brothers Media. While at a concert a girl standing next to him dropped her phone. Being a gentleman, he picked it up and handed it back to her.
I’ll let him continue from there:
We ended up chatting about the band a little and then as I turned to leave to go to the bathroom, she grabbed my arm and said “Hey aren’t you going to get my number?” The entire time I thought I was just being nice and friendly, she thought I was flirting. I smiled and explained that I was happily married and showed her my wedding ring, she turned bright red and apologized and said she was “horrible at reading signs like that.”
So how do you know if someone is flirting with you are is just being nice?
A similar question – How to Tell if a Girl is Fliritng with You – was posed on WikuHow. Here are some of the answers:
- If she is talking slowly, or abnormally fast, it’s a sign that she is pretty nervous. This is good news for you, because you may be the source of her nervousness.
- Does she fidget? When she’s around you, does she start fidgeting with things around her, like fixing clothes, or playing with her cell phone, or wringing her hands?
- Try and catch her staring and give her a smile. If you do catch her, note her reaction. Does she look away immediately? That’s a good sign. Does she smile and/or blush? Another good sign.
The blog All Women Stalk has some things women should look for when it comes to a guy flirting:
- Does he leave a lot of dangling messages when you are around? Things like “So, you’re doing … what this weekend?” This probably means that he really wants to know exactly what you are doing and if you maybe want to make plans with him! This is a great opening line and a line that guys use all of the time!
- What about his attempts to impress you? Does he do this all of the time? That’s another great way to tell if he is flirting with you. If he comes up with all of the crazy stories and really tries to show up his friends when he is in front of you, that’s honestly a great way to tell if he is flirting!
- If someone is picking on you or hurting your feelings, does your crush jump to defend you? Does he make sure that nobody else in the world picks on you? That’s a sure way to tell that he not only likes you, but also that he is flirting with you!
What are some of the ways that you have found are tell tale signs?