Hershey’s Launches ‘Flavors of America’ Collection, Somehow Skips South Dakota
If you can't afford high gas prices or expensive airfares this summer, the folks at Hershey's want you to take a trip through your taste buds from the comfort of your own home.
The iconic candy company has unveiled its 'Flavors of America' collection, honoring the distinctive tastes of six states:
- Kit Kat® Strawberry Flavored Candy - California
- Hershey’s Kisses Coconut Almond Flavored Candies - Hawaii
- PayDay BBQ Flavored Bars - Texas
- Reese’s – Reese’s Honey Roasted Flavored Peanut Butter Cups - Georgia
- Twizzlers Key Lime Pie Flavored Twists or Twizzlers Orange Cream Pop Flavored Twists - Florida
- Hershey’s Cherry Cheesecake Flavored Bars - New York
The collection is available now in retailers nationwide while supplies last.
And while I applaud their attempts to honor the flavors of this country, Hershey's missed out on another state that was a natural for this kind of treatment - South Dakota.
After all, wasn't this the place where Oreo ice cream was invented at South Dakota State in 1979 by dairy plant manager Shirley Seas and dairy science students Joe Leedom and Joe Van Treeck?
That creation later became what we now know as Cookies ‘n Cream ice cream.
Last I checked, Hershey's already has a cookies 'n' creme bar in its vast product arsenal.
This is an easy one Hershey's!
We hope you'll do the right thing...