Firearms Charge Dropped Against Fort Pierre Man
PIERRE - A federal charge against a Fort Pierre man for being a felon in possession of a firearm has been dismissed.
KGFX radio reports that Derek Boe was facing the charge after authorities said he shot a gun into an occupied vehicle east of Pierre in January 2012.
Boe had been convicted of aggravated assault more than 10 years ago and was prohibited from having firearms.
In state court in December, a Hughes County jury found Boe guilty of assault and weapons charges for the January 2012 crime. He was sentenced last month to 25 years in prison.
The federal clerk's office said a motion was filed Monday to dismiss the federal firearms charge and it was approved by Judge Roberto Lange on Tuesday.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.