Fire Damages Yankton Store; Candle Might be Cause
YANKTON, S.D. (AP) — A burning candle is believed to have contributed to a fire that damaged a business in Yankton.
Deputy Fire Chief Larry Nickles tells the Yankton Daily Press & Dakotan newspaper (http://bit.ly/13uXaBh) that the Monday morning blaze at Lisa's Fashions damaged clothing, a desk area and a computer, and sent smoke and soot throughout the building.
Officials suspect a fan might have blown some papers onto a burning candle, starting the fire. Firefighters were on the scene for about half an hour.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.