Fastest Growing Jobs in South Dakota
I know I'm one of the lucky ones. I love my job! Yes, it would be great if it started a little bit later in the morning, like 10 or 11, rather than 6 AM, but that aside, I have a great job. I love what I do and I am blessed to work with some of the best people I know. But I realize most people are working at one or more jobs that they can't stand.
So with that in mind, whether you're looking for a change in job/career or just starting one, Zippia.com's new list of the fastest growing jobs in our state could help point you in a good direction. They were looking for jobs which won't only be pertinent to business and society now, but also in the future.
Here are the top ten fastest-growing jobs in South Dakota, along with the growth rate and average wage:
- Industrial Machinery Mechanics: 28.85% - $44,160
- Machinists: 21.98% - $37,220
- Restaurant Cooks: 20.43% - $23,150
- Farm Equipment Mechanics & Service Technicians: 19.64% - $39,070
- Food Preparation & Serving Workers (including fast food): 17.01% - $19,510
- Personal Care Aides: 16.83% - $21,420
- Agricultural Equipment Operators: 6.55% - $30,000
- Home Health Aides: 5.63% - $26,500
- Bus & Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists: 15.45% - $42,150
- Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education: 14.47% - $29,550
If you don't see something that interests you, no worries, you can check out the entire list (around 100 or so jobs) with even more possibilities for you.