Enjoy an Old Fashioned 4th of July Celebration in Lennox
Yes, there are going to be plenty of fireworks displays in Sioux Falls, but why not make an entire day of it and take the family to Lennox for the Old Fashioned 4th of July Celebration.
Every year the event gets bigger and bigger. There's a parade, plenty of food vendors, games, arts and crafts, entertainment and of course fireworks!
The party starts July 3, 2015 in Lennox. Starting at 6:00 PM antique and classic cars will cruise main street and there will be a street dance featuring Judd Hoos and Dustin Evans and Good Times Band. Gates open at 5:00 PM for the dance. Tickets are $10 in advance or $15 at the gate.
Don't start the 4th on an empty stomach. There will be a pancake feed from 7:00-10:00 AM at the Lennox Intermediate School Cafetorium.
The 39th Annual Firecracker Road Race starts at 8:00 AM. Registration is at 7:00 AM at the Lennox High School.
The parade starts at 10:30 AM on Saturday, July 4, 2015. You'll see old and new cars, tractors, floats, horses, bands and candy for the kids.
- 10:00 AM-2:00 PM - Lennox Museum will be open to the public
- 11:15 AM-4:00 PM - Live music in the Westerman Park with the Hegg Brothers, Carolina Story, and Burlap Wolf King.
- 1:30 PM - American Legion baseball games at the Lennox Baseball Park
- 12:00-5:00 PM - Arts in the Park with a craft show and vendors
- 12:00-5:00 PM - After prom fundraiser dunk tank in the park.
- 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM - Car show at the old football field.
- 1:00 PM - Bean Bag Tourney at the Lennox City Park
- 5:30-7:30 PM - Karaoke at the South Dakota Country Opry House and Museum at 2nd and Main
- 8:00 PM - Municipal band concert at the band shell
- Dusk - Fireworks at Westerman Park
Find more info on the Lennox Commercial Club Facebook page.