Building a Better Community Through Volunteering
Contact the Helpline Center for more information on any of these opportunities, or call 211.
- American Heart Association is needing volunteers to help with its “Little Hats, Big Hearts” packing party on January 17; times vary.
- Lutheran Social Services is in need of mentors for its school-based mentor program. The time commitment is only one hour a week. “Try It” sessions will be held January 24, 25 and 27.
- Lego League is hosting the state championship in Sioux Falls on January 28 and is in need of volunteers.
- American Red Cross is in need of volunteers to serve as Disaster Responders.
- Bad Break is needing volunteers to help pick up and drop off unused food to organizations that feed those in need.
- Teddy Bear Den is needing volunteers to help out with various activities.
- VA Medical Center is needing volunteers to help socialize with patients.
- Salvation Army is needing volunteers to help out with its food pantry.
- Project Food Forest is looking for volunteers to join its Board of Directors.
- Ronald McDonald House is looking for volunteers to help prepare meals for the families who stay at the houses.
- Peer Visitor is in need of volunteers to offer one-on-one support to people with disabilities.
- Good Samaritan Luther Manor is looking for someone to help paint fingernails for the residents every Wednesday at 1:00 PM.
- Active Generations is in need of volunteers to help deliver Meals on Wheels, Monday through Friday from 10:45 AM and 12:30 PM.
- Sioux Empire Arts Council is looking for volunteers to help out with its year-round JAM Arts and Crafts Store.
Again, contact the Helpline Center for more information on any of these opportunities, or call 2-1-1.
Source: Helpline Center