5 Things You Need To Know For Thursday Sioux Falls
A police standoff in Sioux Falls that lasted for nearly 8 hours ended around 1:50 Thursday morning. 25 year old Derek Jordan Arapahoe, of Sioux Falls, was arrested on felony drug charges. The standoff, at 513 S. Western Ave., started Wednesday when police were tipped off that the armed, wanted, man was at a location on South Jefferson Ave. Arapahoe fled that location and ended up at the residence on Western Avenue. SWAT members negotiated with Arapahoe who eventually turned himself in.
A Sioux Falls Man was speeding in his Honda Civic north on 4th Ave. in Downtown Sioux Falls when he jumped the curb and hit an apartment building in the 400 block of East 13th Street. The 43 year old man was arrested for DUI, Reckless Driving, No Drivers License, Hit & Run, & a stop sign violation.
State and federal wildlife officials are offering a reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of whoever shot a young bald eagle about six miles northeast of New Effington, SD. The eagle was shot sometime around May 3.
Authorities say people with information can remain anonymous. The amount of the reward depends on the quality of the information provided.
From the National Weather Service:
SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED ACROSS THE AREA THIS MORNING...THOUGH STORMS ARE EXPECTED TO REMAIN BELOW SEVERE LIMITS. ADDITIONAL THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED TO DEVELOP BY MID AFTERNOON. THESE STORMS WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING HAIL UP TO THE SIZE OF BASEBALLS...ESPECIALLY ALONG AND EAST OF HIGHWAY 59. IN ADDITION TO THE HAIL THREAT...WIND GUSTS TO 70 MPH AND ISOLATED TORNADOES ARE POSSIBLE.
"Cosmo" came up with a list of 15 things that instantly make a guy more attractive. Check 'em out . . .
1. Being unaware of their own hotness.
2. Being able to banter and hold a conversation.
3. A nice low voice, or an accent.
4. Not blatantly checking out other women.
5. Being able to cook at least one dish well . . .especially breakfast.
6. Being good with kids.
7. Immediately loving her pet. Even if it's a cat.
8. Having a dog.
9. Tipping well.
10. Not answering texts when you're out together.
11. Kicking ass at their job.
12. Putting on or taking off a tie.
13. Wearing shoes instead of sneakers.
14. Rolled-up sleeves.
15. Dark jeans that fit well. (Cosmopolitan)